The Nine Days is a socialservice.sg podcast covering the 2020 general election in Singapore (#GE2020), through daily five-minute news summaries, conversations with young voters, and interviews with academics and experts.
- Listen to this episode.
- Listen to other episodes on Anchor, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify.
- Check out the full list of episodes.
Subscribe to the monthly socialservice.sg newsletter and check out the socialservice.sg podcast!
In “What’s going on with young voters?”, we chat with young Singaporean voters on their perspectives as well as their constituency observations.
Today, we speak to 21-year-old Nigel Li, who has been coordinating “Singapore Votes” (singaporevotes.com), a student-run elections resource. We ask him about how he got started as well as his plans for the website after GE2020, and Nigel also shares why the voting age should be lowered in Singapore.
The future of… Asian philanthropy (I – “Scenarios for Asia in 2050”) – socialservice.sg
- The future of… Asian philanthropy (I – “Scenarios for Asia in 2050”)
- “Beyond Fairness”: AWARE's advocacy for anti-discrimination in the workplace
- Representation, not just conversation and consultation: DPA’s recommendations for Singapore’s workplace anti-discrimination law for people with disabilities
2 thoughts on “#GE2020 On lowering the voting age and the “Singapore Votes” initiative (Nigel Li)”